The Re-Ignited EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENT

The Re-Ignited EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENT
ERA is BACK ~~!!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sandy O IS AWAY, LOBBYING FOR YOU, FOR YOUR ERA, IN THE CAPITOL

Wish me luck, ERA Supporters.

I am headed to the hills of Tallahassee, FL, to beard our legislators in their dens there once again, a 6 hour drive and a Motel 6 stay for an extended period.

This is my 8th foray to our capitol to persuade your legislators to HEAR the ERA bills, SCR 1192 and HCR 8003! Although THIS time I have someone coming along for support and help, it's tougher than usual. Besides, she goes home after one day. The hills seem steeper and I couldn't get Handicapped Parking for my car as my docs say "You're too healthy". So, why am I gasping by the time I climb the 3 flights of granite steps to the capitol's front door?

The other hard part is that the committee of first reference is packed with The Other Side. Stony-faced prosecuting attorneys make up the bulk of the committee! Toughest audience I'll EVER have, probably.

Best part is dragging myself home. This time I must do that 2 days after I get there, as the St Petersburg FL Chamber of Commerce has nominated me for their Woman of Distinction Award. GREAT CHANCE to get the word out about ERA since the papers won't follow our work. The ads which keep them alive are paid for by Big Business who SURELY don't want to pay women EQUAL WAGES! See how it works!?

But, I plan to turn around and resume the 7a to 7p work there.
We WILL forge ON! We WILL win. We MUST, for our children, theirs, theirs and theirs. No WAY should THEY have to endure secondclass citizenship, lack of self-determination and be without full personhood. NO NO NO

If I get to my laptop, you'll hear from me from the capitol, probably urging you to phone Speaker Cretul to urge him to HEAR 8003! OR, to call any / all of the House or SEnate committees IF it gets agendaed. That's what we NEEEEEED FROM YOU ASAP.

Otherwise, you'll hear from me when I do get home. It would be nice to hear from you, cheering me on. It's sure lonely.

Do wish us luck,
SandyO

No comments:

Post a Comment