The Re-Ignited EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENT

The Re-Ignited EQUAL RIGHTS AMENDMENT
ERA is BACK ~~!!

Friday, November 19, 2010

“Doing a Man’s Job With a Woman’s Touch”

 

Hi all,

"The Image" is a national magazine for National Association of Women in Construction.  With over 6,000 members nationwide, and 120 chapters internationally, NAWIC chose "Cathi-the-Contractor" to preview in their October issue!

I present the following vignette because it illustrates so clearly that the proof of your mettle is how you get up again after falling down. And because it showcases what women are so good at, doing just that, making lemonade out of lemons. And, no less, because Cathi’s done work on our house. I say this proudly: nothing changed hands because of this message to you. In fact, Cathi knew nothing of it.

Sandy Oestreich, Founder-President of your Equal Rights Alliance and ERA Education

|
“Last year I closed my “all-girl” construction company (18 women on payroll) and got rid of all overhead. “Tool-Timing Babydolls” had grown so quickly I lost control; and the stress was overwhelming. Still, closing the doors was emotionally depressing.

At 55, I felt hopeless. until I rebounded with a new company, “Cathi-the-Contractor”. My market is women who prefer women to remodel their homes. My new motto is “Doing a man’s job with a woman’s touch”. From estimating to the finish work, I wear all the “hard” hats myself. While the work is taxing for sure, life is less stressful and more controllable than ever before. Plus, with all the overhead gone, the money is all mine!

Change has been good to me.”

Cathi Chamberlain | Tampa, Fla., Chapter President | Cathi-the-Contractor, a Florida State Certified Building Contractor | License # CBC 1256254 | www.CathiTheContractor.com | Cathi@CathiTheContractor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment